Пређи на главни садржај

Perfect beauty

 Someone once said we were not meant to see so many faces of people as we see during last couple of decades. Thanks to social media, we are all exposed to way too many people and faces and bodies and way too exposed to seeing our own. It's probably not natural (for mental health) to see yourself every day, multiple times on social media, photos, selfies, and let your looks and you as a person be validated by strangers, by number of likes, by current beauty standards, by comparing yourself to thousands and thousands of faces and bodies you can see on hundreds of cable channels and even more social media networks, especially Instagram and TikTok.

Being woman can be really tough. Constantly being bombarded by "theories" how your worth as a person depends on your looks, age and looking expensive, and even by your acting as a person. There are multiple channels where you are taught to behave like a princess, or queen, and how to treat people, and how to treat men, and how to behave on dates, in order to be valued. There are also multiple channels were you are taught how you "should" look in order to have a value as person. Many, many, and too many young people parade on various online apps, showing their perfect bodies and faces and basically getting famous for that alone, even often turning it into business. Some of them feel entitled to give advice to other young people of how they should dress, behave, live, talk and what important life choices they should take. Now, that's a lot responsibility from a total stranger!

Beauty can sell a lot. Of course, make up, skin and hair care and fashion come to mind. But there are other things too. Beauty can sell everything, from workout routines, food, some house items, furniture, to even the whole lifestyle! When some beautiful young person presents their life it can look deceivingly perfect, because person in beautiful. That gives births to some more or less dangerous trends that are becoming popular solely because they are marketed by beauty and youth. Beauty can sell you bad things, like once almost hundred years before, that was for example, radioactive soap, or dangerous pills to get skinny, then it was cigarettes, various unrealistic lifestyle to now when it sells literally anything!

Imagine us, born 30, 40 or 50 or more years ago, looking at a person on TikTok (I don't use TikTok, ever, I am too old for that, but I get a lot of information about it from YouTube) or YouTube, person who is like 23, telling us how we "should" live to be happy. While trying to sell us things, which some less experienced in life would almost not even notice. Really?

Most of extraordinary beautiful women didn't have happy lives. Most of them didn't even have happy love lives or romances. A lot of them suffered from severe depression and had a lot of problems. Obviously, beauty is not solution for all. Society teaches us that it is, but... if anyone loves you just because you are beautiful, do they even love you? If someone loves you because you are young, do they love you? If your lifestyle has to be dictated by perfect stranger why do you think it will suit you? You are different people. I do not think beauty standards are real, they are made to SELL! To sell beauty procedures, surgeries, make up, skin care, fashion, whatever... Beauty standards are made to exploit.

And life is only one. And then it's gone. Don't waste it by chasing ghosts.



Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...