Пређи на главни садржај

Story about one black kitty called Baby

One old lady had a black cat in my building. The lady was over 80, and she didn't spay the cat because she coudln't afford it. So when the lady died, they kicked the cat out. The little cat, then maybe 1 year old, managed in the streets, she had kittens several times, I am not sure any of them survived, as they usually don't. Then, in summer 2022 she gave birth to 4 black female kittens who all survived and I really liked them and helped their mom to take care of them. One was quite feisty and I made a mistake of trying to carry her, mistaking her for her sisters who were more cuddly, and she would try to fight me. I mean, this little tiny ball of fur trying to fight me, over 120lbs monster. I would let her go, of course, because she has the right of  not liking to be carried. They were kind of miracle kittens because they all survived which rarely ever happens in this part of town.

Now, almost 3 years later, 2 of daighter cats are still alive, and I spayed them to spare them misery of getting kittens who always die. I still take care of them, though they are still strays, and I can't take them because I have my own Princess who does not like other cats, and she is 13 and negative to all diseases, while sadly strays always have something. My strays are negative to everything but Fcov. There is always something and Fcov is very common. So, now there are two daughters left, they look exaclty the same, except one is the feisty who still tries to fight me if I get too cuddly with her, and is so picky with food she drives me nuts! The other is the nice one, who eats cat food and likes cuddles. But they look completely the same! Both spayed. Third one is weird. I have no idea if she is one of those kittens or she just replaced one of them who died and I had no idea. She is much more fluffy that other two, looks like a little ball, is much more timid and scared than other two, and honestly I thought she is someone's pet who they just let outside. But I made a bad judgement and she is pregnant now, so there is that. But she does look different than other two. Fourth one sadly died under a bike or car, maybe was killed purposefully by evil human, because it seems unlikely that you can just drive over a cat with bike by accident. So there are the daughters.

Mom, the Baby, who is rather small cat for an adult, started to look worse and worse. I could tell her apart from daughters by how her eyes were badly infected. She got very slow, barely dragging around, growing belly fast, eating barely anything and she looked miserable. Last autumn she looked so bad, one of her eyes closed and she looked very pregrant and big, she was apathetic and ate almost nothing. So, my friend and me took her to the vet, because I didn't want her to go blind. And to see what to do with pregnancy. However, Baby was not pregnant, she had wet FIP. Vet said her eyes weren't even an issue, she could treat them and heal them in days. Baby was dying.Vet said she will try to treat Baby and the kitty was in there for more than 3 months! She got actually healthy, and she was quite happy in her new temporary home. Baby is not sick anymore and she is spayed.

We gave our best to try to find her home. No one can take cat with Fcov because we all have healthy cats, who are either senior, like mine, or have low immune system and we can't risk FIP. Or there are people who already have miltiple cats and dogs and there are yet so many other still for adoption! We have maybe few hours, or a day to home her or she will be back outside. It's not the worst destiny ever, for a cat, especially this cat, but after all she's been through, she deserves home.

I expect to find her this afternoon or tomorrow with her daughters... I am sad we can't do more for her. But she is alive and her eyes are fine now. And no more kittens for her.






Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...