Пређи на главни садржај

Block them. Or just leave. Do not engage. They do not deserve it.

 I've noticed that a lot of people that I follow on social media, mostly Youtube, either complain or just plain tell that they have problem with bullying and people who insult them or even threaten them online, or I can just see such comments piling up under their videos. I have respect for people who can deal with that level of bullying and constant insults and threats and who have to meet with that every single day. And I am not talking about people who talk about controverisal stuff, people who share opinion on topics that seriously divide humanity, or even stuff that is in any way political, economical, social, it could be a freaking cooking channel! There will always be some minority that will come to that channel with sole purpose to hurt someone, mostly a channel owner. There is no beauty influencer that didn't at least hundreds of times got comments that they are ugly, or horrible or look old, no matter how gorgeous and really wholesome that person is. It doesn't matter. For bullies, it's just about hurting someone. I could never understand that mental state of wanting to just hurt someone, but I can see it. Everywhere.

Of course, there is a lot of that in real life. A lot. I met with bullies many times. People who will tell you in real life that you are stupid, ugly, horrible, nasty, people who will threaten you for minor reasons or no reason at all, people who will, if they are close enough, make your life living hell. I've been bulllied in middle school and at work occassionaly. And on street by strangers, it's never a picnic. However, chosing to expose yourself online and get attention from many of such people requires a serious dose of bravery, and really really large dose of self-love, and extreme self-confidence, ability to ignore malicious people and their comments and opinions. They are malignant. I saw such comments, filled with hate, towards people who really did or said nothing wrong, peope who just wanted to teach you something, people who wanted to provide fun for others, innocent. Even on less innocent and more serious channels and their owners, like about politics, or social issues, conspiracy theories etc where it's easy to get enemies, I seriously don't get all the hate. Why? Seriously, why do you hate so much?

I am nobody online. I am pretty aware my self-confidence is not the greatest and I am easy to break. So, i keep my presence obscure. Sometimes, when I comment on videos, or on other media, people start bullying me or insulting me, not my opinion mind you, but me, even though they have no slightest idea who I am, so I do what people like me do: block them all. If I am so done with everythig, like on Reddit, I just removed my account. Problem solved. Why would you expose yourself to poison, to violence? Just to be online. Leave!

Lately, I tried again with one forum, that I joined years ago and I can't delete my account. There is no way to do it. So I was like, let's try again, maybe I can find something sweet and enjoyable here. Nope! People who have not a slightest idea who I am wrote such vile things about me, that I was not sure if I should be amused or horrified. I mean. the deepest ends humans will go to make you suffer if they can, to hurt you, even though you did nothing to them, and they know nothing about you. Some people went so far that they found my whole 15 years old history of everything I ever wrote on the damn forum, and wrote full blown analysis of how horrible human I am in general. I mean, I am almost impressed! To have so much time and energy to invest into analysis of stupid and completely irrelevant things some stranger wrote on irrelevant forum years or weeks ago and making an essay all with goal to insult that person as much as possible! I've seen complete strangers writing things about me that would make a nice 5 hours video maybe named "this woman is just awful!" all about me.

But I am full grown adult. I do not care what these people write about me. I removed myself from that situation and I am not going on that site ever again. The horrific part is what if all that was done to innocent. susceptible and insecure teenager, or very young person, or person who has much more serious insecurities, depression or any much more serious mental problems than I do. Someone could get hurt, someone could hurt themselves. Humans are cruel. Online hate it's the worst because many of them are cowards, or want to present as great people in real life, so they use anonymity to flush all their frustration and misery onto other people, to hurt them so that they can feel better about themselves and still remain "nice people" in real life.

Maybe we should avoid social media. Especially those where you can not block people that can harm or bully you and where you can not remove your account. Just remove youself from such situations, they do not deserve your sufferring, they don't deserve even your attention, let alone to make you sad or doubt yourself even for a second.

Block them. Delete your account. If you can't, delete cookies of the site, and never go back again. Don't give them satisfaction. Life is ok without social media, maybe even better without it.



Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...