Пређи на главни садржај

Sicily, second time, Taormina, Giardini Naxos

 So, I have been to Italy this Summer, like I've been in 2023. I've found a little non-expensive hotel on the beach, kind of fair walk far from the center of the town but still the best I could find. I like Sicily. It's lovely, a bit scorched, hot and crowded in August but still nice. Lots of art in Taormina, not just paintings, sculptures, architecture, but also food... that food! How are Italians such slim people I can not understand. All they eat is pasta, cakes, cookies, pastries... And this time, I got giant deluxe room on the top of the hotel mansion, because there were no ordinary rooms left! You gotta love such exchange! Top floor, look at the Sicily from above and giant tv, all channels in Italian, but well... I didn't complain. Lots of pasta, lots of cakes, some gelato, some sunburns while hiking under sun and once got lost looking for Communal garden, in the sun, on high heels. Even the airport wasn't bad experience, crowded but not too crowded, nice coffee shops with pastries all around, plane almost on time, it was all nice!

The best part of course is the sea. It was colder than I would expect since Africa is so close, but clean, so clean, and mostly peaceful. Pool with salt-water also great. People, well, similar to people in Serbia, by looks and by the way they behave, it's like though one are Slavic and other Roman, oddly similar in many ways. I spent waaaaaay too much on cakes and pastries, but who can resist?





















Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...