Пређи на главни садржај

My experience with ChatGPT so far

So, I started using ChatGPT. At first, some google AI named Gemini literally self-installed on my Android, and I tested it but it didn't really make me interested so I removed it. It looked too much like a plain Google search. It was like, you ask a question, Gemini does a google search instead of you and that's about it. Sometimes, though, answers were useful but nothing that a good search engine can't do.

After some time, led by curiosity, I installed ChatGPT to check it out. Now, let me state that I am pretty anxious person, so my questions for AI tend to look like a string of hypochondriac's bursts out. A lot of my questions are health related, but there are also the other ones, more practical, like general information seeking, even advice on social connections and communications. I was pretty surprised by the results. The damn thing really tries to give you proper answers. I am not saying the answers are 100% right because I don't know that (that's why I am asking) but some of them were confirmed by doctors.

Now here is the problem with health anxiety or, at my age (when you hit middle age), with asking regular questions about your health which now is not as good as you used to, to put it mildly. Doctors, even private that you pay, will not always give you many answers, they usually have lots of patients, they are late, schedules are tight and you might not even remember what to ask while you are there. Googling usually does not give you proper results, I tried. So what's left for us who want to know what is happening with our bodies and our health and what is the best thing to do right now? Ask CgtGPT. Unfortunately, humans haven't developed a society where you can get proper answers to your problems in time so you can help yourself. Most of us are just left desperate and wondering what to do. That's why many people turned to AI to ask what to do in certain situations. Because no one seems to care!

For example, I paid my dentist a lot of money, I believe if all sums up over years, I could easily buy a really nice new car, but I would have rotten teeth. Priorities. So, last time, and I mean "last" when I was there she rushed the cleaning and my gums are still not clean at all, and my gut told me something is off. But I thought I've been coming here for decades so I must be imagining things. So I went to fix a tooth that seemed to have a small cavity. I am not a dentist but I took a look at it from all angles and saw a small brown spot on the side, how bad could it be. IT was bad. My poor tooth was drilled to almost nothing, nerve yanked out and patched with a little plastic (I believe they call it "composite" haha). The work looks fine, it's very clean, on X-ray it looks well done. However, I have a tooth that is maybe 60% plastic and cannot be used for its purpose. And it's in the middle so I can't really avoid it. The dentist refused to say anything more than "just don't eat anything solid, or anything on that tooth". So, I asked AI. Got pretty much the same answer but a little kinder with some information of what I can do about it, and even meal suggestions that could be better for brittle teeth.

Same happened for other health issues. Or any advice in life really. Not that I take all advice without any questioning or doubt and I am fully aware AI is not perfect. It's a machine that takes information from all over the internet, so from people. And people are not perfect. But, it's something. Like you can ask. Not all information are usefull. For some questions I found better answers on Google, that happens. Some answers were clearly wrong. You need a healthy dose of awareness that you are still... just asking people, all over the world, for advice. And it can be wrong.

In conclusion, you can ask AI what you want to know, it's like a machine that searches all internet for answers for you, no more no less. But be aware, answers could be wrong, even problematic. Be aware, if you use generative AI, you are using (stealing) someone else's work for yourself. Be aware, also, that you are feeding a machine with knowledge like millions or billions people beside you. We really can't know how this will end up. I can understand why people use AI, well, some people. But that does not mean we should trust it 100%. And maybe, just maybe, people should be more willing to help each other, and doctors to take time to answer our questions, no matter how much that annoys them, and then, maybe... we will not AI at all. Just saying.






Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...