Пређи на главни садржај

Trying again to be an author whose work sells

 I am not sure if my opinion on my one and only Amazon novel is just too high or the overcrowded marked suffocates it to the point of no existence, probably both, but since my poor blog has people visiting it, I want to try a little self-marketing again.

My novel:

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B09PLQHQKB

is still online, and probably drowned in the sea of billions of other books on Amazon. I know that, since English is not my native language, and I wrote this one in Englilsh, it's not the best written novel ever (to put it lightly) but I hope that story and characters are captivating since I invested a lot in developing complex story with many layers and characters which I really hope are believable as people, and that people can relate to them.

The idea of the story is, if you coud choose between safe annd comfortable, but boring, predictable and kind of suffocating and fully controled life, and unsafe, dangerous, completely ridiculous and unpredictable but kind of free and exciting life, which one would you choose? This is not just to be taken in one context, it could be applied to many life situations, this is a situation we meet more often than not. Choices that can determine how we will live from that point on.

Of course, there are many other life-situations in my novel (look how I am praising myself, haha! Well, no one else will...) that could be interpretted in various ways and various real life situations. I love to integrate many life situations into deep layers of sf, fantasy or horror story.

I got two reviews, one is quite positive, which I appreciate a lot, and the other says that it's obvious that author's first language isn't English, which is very true, but they liked the story, and I appreciate that a lot. Sadly, the professional translation or editing is not something I can afford right now, but hopefully one day.. who knows?

Here is one scene from the novel, I drew that myself, what do you think?



Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...