Пређи на главни садржај

Why mean and even evil people are always more liked and have better lives

We have all seen these cases. Athletes who were winning all the time, who were on top consistenlty, that lost one time and were suddenly bombed with hate and ridiculed for "being losers". We've seen or known people who were always helping everyone, who were always there for everyone who asks, always giving, always doing things for others. After saying "no" or "I really can't right now" one time, they were reduced to nothing, ditched, banished, hated by everyone. You can't say "no" when you always said "yes", right? That's the curse of being nice or helping or being a "yes" person. You can help hundreds of times, you can give your money away, you could get people out of trouble, but once you decline, for whatever reason, you are the devil.
On the other and opposite side are people who do mostly damage, mean, greedy, selfish, even evil. There is something alluring in mean people to the society in general. Look what kind of people are most popular on social media, people who make millions on being mean, horrible, selfish, even doing blatantly criminal stuff! Society is obsessed with them. They are openly mean, not even trying to look nice, they will trash anyone's reputation without even thinking, they will ruin lives, they will do things you would never even dare to do or want to do because you have some morals. But why is that so appealing to most? Maybe because somewhere in human mind there is obsession with idea that someone dares to say or do what they never could but want to. Maybe it's just rage making you glued to those people, hate but also some hidden envy. Thinking "if they are so openly mean and vile, there must be something amazing about them when they dare to act like that!". Also, there are people who desperately want to be liked by mean people, because it's a challenge. It's easy to be liked by nice, sweet humans, but being liked by someone objectively awful, that's a challenge!
In the end, when someone like that does one single good thing, it's celebrated. It's an achievement, it's something to be praised. While people who did good for years or decades are treated like trash and discarded once they fail to help or do anything or they got tired or sick and just can't. Maybe disullisioned once. As they should be. Society loves mean, awful, horrible people. They want to work on them, to change them, they want them to make a show, to disgust them more, because society likes vile, and wants to be liked by vile. It's now a new thing, it has always been like that. Worst people were celebrated, we have literally series made about serial killers and worst people ever. Top creators on social media everyone talks about are mostly people that everyone loves to hate.
In conclusion, if you are normal person with healthy moral values and decent personality, you do not have to become evil or mean to be liked. Just, set freaking boundaries! Do not let them walk all over you. Do not be a doormat, don't just rush into giving your all to just about everyone, have some criteria, have boundaries, respect your time, your values, your life and your own money. If you feel someone deserves your help, then help, but don't jump for anyone. They will not respect you and they will despise you once you don't jump to do what you are told to do. You do not have to be evil or mean,, you just need to respect yourself, your time, your effort, your life. You do not need to be celebrated by becomign evil, because you are not like that and it will haunt you. Just, keep yourself safe, set boundaries, be aware, be content. Who cares what others think? And that's a start.



Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...