Пређи на главни садржај

Why I like Spain

This Summer I visited Italy, Sicily to be precise, and Italy is absolutely gorgeous country you need to see! It's lovely all around and everything is art, even food. No wonder I fell in love with Italy, and I would go again if I have a chance. Spain is different but I still loved it.
I've been only to Majorca, so I can't say I've seen Spain, really, that would be huge overstatement.
What I didn't like:
Airport and ways to travel around
Airport is huge and it's a total mess! When we landed there, they didn't let us out of plane for quite some time, maybe 30 minutes, then let us outside on runway and kept us there, in dark for maybe an hour, until bus finally picked us up and get us to baggage claim. It was a nightmare of being tired and waiting long, long lines, and waiting for bus and waiting to let you out of plane. I checked and Magaluf, where I was staying is around 22km from airport and Palma so since it was night and very late, I was tired and I though soon I will be in hotel. Oh, how I was wrong! When I finally found a bus to get us to hotels, and that also took a while, with suitcase and all the crap, it took him whooping 2 hours to get us all to hotels and I was almost the last one!
My one and only trip to Palma took the bus OVER ONE HOUR to get there, for 20 km, mind you! I mean, come on! Palma is a huge city, like most other huge cities in Europe, crowded, loud, with lots of traffic and expensive and less expensive stores and I got lost like 5 times and gave up and took a bus back to Magaluf,
Going back to Serbia was even worse! Airport was overcrowded like HELL, no wonder people there don't like tourists, so much in fact that there was no place to sit down, not even on the floor. Although the airport is huge there was so many people there you could barely turn around. Toilets were practically unavailable unless you want to wait in line for hour or two. Plane was 3 hours late, and no one could tell us when it will arrive. When it arrived they let us in corridor to runway and left us all there in tiny space for another hour! Then let us outside to wait for bus, again. When finally let us on plane which wasn't our company but we were happy to finally be on it. If you have overactive bladder like me, you know why this wasn't really easy for me.
Feeling lonely
Ok, this one is a lot on me. I travel alone, but in Italy there was always some company. Our tourists, locals, people want to talk, sure I felt alone from time to time, but not as lonely as in Spain. Locals are not really in the mood to talk to tourists which I understand, they are overwhelmed and it looks tiresome. Tourist, no way! Either teenagers and youth, or families with children. Literally not a soul to talk to for those 6-7 days. It was very lonely, very.

What I liked.
Beach and sea
Beautiful beach and beautiful sea. Not too cold, clean, lovely, not to hot and scorching sun, just right! Lovely seaside walks, lovely long, great, sandy beach, with lots of space.

Food, staying, city and prices
Spain has great food. My hotel was surprisingly cheap for such lovely luxurious hotel, and I had enormous room just for me, with little balcony, big mirrors, huge bed and huge bathroom with everything I could need. I did not expect that much for that money, no wonder tourist love this place. Hotel was huge, luxurious, with amazing spread of food choices, great clean rooms, pretty close to beach. Stores are cute, prices really good (except for UK chocolates and local ice-cream) and prices for cosmetics and perfumes are ridiculous! Walk to beach was short and cute, palms, nice quiet street with little bars and stores, cute tiny chickens running around, yellow cat in the bar, and in the evening, tiny city for walks and looking around. I really loved it! Coffee was always great, people who work in coffee chops are so nice and kind and stores are full of everything and pretty cheap.

Weather
Unlike Sicily which could be scorching hot, Magaluf and Palma have more tolerable heat in Summer. There are a lot of trees, palms, lots of places that throw shadow, and in general you don't feel like you are going to die of heat, it's more like pleasant warm Summer. In the evening especially it is very very  nice.

People are very kind and nice
Italians and Serbs are not much different. We can be kind or not, depending on individual. Sometimes, people are just tired. They are social and like to hang out and talk. But they are pretty open and can be  a bit harsh. Spanish people are nice, very sweet. They always try to help, and they are always kind.

In conclusion, I love both countries and I would visit them again. But I preferred Italy a bit just because it's closer and traveling is much, much shorter, airport is smaller and not so crowded (and you can actually go pee!), food is out of this world and it's kind of cozy. And people remind me of people from here more. Here are some photos I made of LOVELY SPAIN.























Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...