Пређи на главни садржај

I need help

I seriously need help. Company I worked in this company for 12 years and they just decided to shut down the whole thing and let us all go. At first, I was optimistic, I thought with my 31 years of experience in Software development (various technologies and still learning), I will find job in no time! I didn't take this too seriously, sadly, because I had one chance and I blew it because I wasn't prepared. And I had no ide how bad job market is now. And it's BAD.
I am gen X. No one wants to hire us, unless we are super-mega-experts in some very new field of expertise that everyone needs. My personal expertise, databases and SQL is, and that's putting it lightly, oversaturated to the point that any job opening that is asking for SQL developer in any area receives thousands of applicants in few hours and gets close in a matter of single day! I tried learning additional things, got into SSIS/ETL (pretty interesting), Power BI (easy if you are good with Excel), Python (going well but really enormous to learn), and other things, but demands on job market are just getting bigger and bigger! Most job ads are now listing "what you will do" and requirements for job in several pages, basically each position is work for at least two jobs! And requirements are wild! And since I live in Serbia, salaries often don't follow usual salaries for similar positions in Europe or USA, and go around 1500 Euros per month. Sadly, even the wildest jobs with long long long descriptions receive hundreds of applicants and even reaching humans is virtually impossible. I tried reaching companies even through just mail and over ads, and received nothing but rejection after rejection.
Since I too, like everyone else, need to survive, and feed my numerous cats, and pay bills, and keep my home, if anyone has any idea what can I do to earn at least as much to barely keep my boat afloat, contact me please on my mail (biljaom@yahoo.com) or write here in comments. I am pretty desperate right now, ready to make portraits for people in any technique you prefer (pencil, watercolors, acrylic paint, pastels, whatever) for couple of bucks as we agree (but no money to send you so you can get only HQ scan on mail, sorry), guaranteed no AI, or I can write for you anything that I have any knowledge of, or if anyone has any other idea, I am ready to hear.
This is a person that no one wants to hire anymore because apparently I am super old, 54, and software developers have to be pretty and young and dynamic, and know 13 technologies and be full stack, and devOPS, networks and security specialist, etc, and know all about everything, and I don't. And I am apparently too old to be software developer so other than just to die, because I am too young for retirement (go figure!) I need some source of income soon.

My Himalayas profile:

For other jobs, I am considered overqualified and not qualified in their area so I have no chance there too. Besides that, many jobs in Serbia have salaries under 1000 euros, even 800 euros per month and I still can't get even those. And, there are people who need them more than I do.

You can also help a lot by purchasing my novel either in Kindle or Paperback:


Thank you in advance!










Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Creating hate using media and social networks

As someone well over age 50 I learned that it's much easier to attract attention with hate than with love, it's much easier for people to hate or to feel rage than to even try to understand. A lot of people see everything as they are told to see, by media, or internet, or whatever, evil versus good. Nothing in between! Just bad-good, no grey areas. And everything is a shade of grey (nothing to do the famous franchise), there are very little things, events, attitudes, opinions, people, points of view etc that are quite close to 100% evil or 100% good, but none of it is completely there. Sad thing is, although feeling love, gratefulness, being kind and understanding DOES indeed makes us feel better, it is easier to feel rage, hate, anger, mistrust, and refusing to understand, even though all that, on the long run, makes us feel miserable. It's too easy to watch the news and believe one whole nation is just bad, bad people, who should be wiped out, just because, well, people o...

Why mean and even evil people are always more liked and have better lives

We have all seen these cases. Athletes who were winning all the time, who were on top consistenlty, that lost one time and were suddenly bombed with hate and ridiculed for "being losers". We've seen or known people who were always helping everyone, who were always there for everyone who asks, always giving, always doing things for others. After saying "no" or "I really can't right now" one time, they were reduced to nothing, ditched, banished, hated by everyone. You can't say "no" when you always said "yes", right? That's the curse of being nice or helping or being a "yes" person. You can help hundreds of times, you can give your money away, you could get people out of trouble, but once you decline, for whatever reason, you are the devil. On the other and opposite side are people who do mostly damage, mean, greedy, selfish, even evil. There is something alluring in mean people to the society in general. Look wh...

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...