Пређи на главни садржај

How we lived before internet and social networks

 There was a time back then, when I was 19, 20, 25... back back in the '90s. It was different times, so much different than now. I can see that because I was there, and I am here now. I am not young anymore for long time and I can't even imagine how it is to be born right into the world of social media, internet, hundreds of channels on cable, Netflix, Hulu, reality shows, everyone's opinion online, everyone's life online, every single opinion out in the open... so much information, so many things, so so much of it right into your brain since you were born.

Yes, internet, electronic media and social networks can seem like a great things that make life so much easier, but now, everything about everyone is out in the open. Your life is in the open, and what is worse, your lie is worth nothing. You are just a number, a small human in the sea of 7 billion other humans, and only lives that are "worth" (not really but you know what I mean) is rich, super rich people and people who have real power. Maybe celebrities? The rest of us are just sheep to them. We are source of their money and power, their meat for wars, their "likes" for their news and their orders how we should all live to make their lives even better. I know I sound like a foil hat weirdo but honestly, aren't we? Can you say you are not?

Maybe it was like that before, probably yes to certain point, but God, we were so blissfully unaware of that! We had two or three freaking channels on TV and we watched tv when there was a good movie on or hardly ever. We had paper documents. We received salaries on hand in envelope. We were outside. No one had android or even cell phone. We had to meet and know people in real life. We could go out and talk, have fun, parties, with no one ever watching their phone, or taking photos. We just enjoyed the moment, no one bothered to take picture of it or paste it somewhere pubic for others to see. We had fun, and we weren't missing anything to have that fun. No realities, no tv shows, no social media to compete, just fun.

No one cared to look super polished, with amazing body and impossible face features that resemble dolls. No one cared that much about make up or hair style, or clothe brands. We wore whatever we wanted, we had natural hair, some dyed it mostly at home, some wore crazy bold make up, we were beautiful, we knew it and we didn't have beauty standards of body and face we felt obliged to follow. Sure, there were super models at the time, but they were totally natural great genes beauties, and we admired their beauties, we had their posters, we copied their hair or clothes sometimes, but we didn't try to be them! We didn't think we are ugly comparing ourselves to super models.

We had pop idols who had genuine charisma, who could be caught by photographers looking cool and relaxed at any time, people who had work and talent behind them. Now, it's just a factory of young teens, with tons of stylists, writers, choreographers, personal photographers, make up artists and super styled unreal photos with army of people who watch them and praise or bully them.

Once upon a time people actually had to meet in person. There were no dating sites, so you had to invest some charm, courage and social skills to meet friends and date. there were problematic things, sure, but there are now too.

In my country, we had wars at the time, we had super inflation, we had no money, we were poor, but we did have hope, we did have joy, we did have innocence still. This today is not life anymore. Now it's time to contact my home planet and get the heck out of here.



Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Creating hate using media and social networks

As someone well over age 50 I learned that it's much easier to attract attention with hate than with love, it's much easier for people to hate or to feel rage than to even try to understand. A lot of people see everything as they are told to see, by media, or internet, or whatever, evil versus good. Nothing in between! Just bad-good, no grey areas. And everything is a shade of grey (nothing to do the famous franchise), there are very little things, events, attitudes, opinions, people, points of view etc that are quite close to 100% evil or 100% good, but none of it is completely there. Sad thing is, although feeling love, gratefulness, being kind and understanding DOES indeed makes us feel better, it is easier to feel rage, hate, anger, mistrust, and refusing to understand, even though all that, on the long run, makes us feel miserable. It's too easy to watch the news and believe one whole nation is just bad, bad people, who should be wiped out, just because, well, people o...