Пређи на главни садржај

Caual Make up tips

Since I write here about everything that's on my mind, this time I will put some of my thoughts about make up and some tips I learned. Of course, those tips will not work for everyone, maybe not even majority, because we are all different, different skin types, different ages, different face shapes and features, skin texture... Of course, what works for someone will not work for others.
I started using make up "for real" when covid quarantine started, because, well I had more time than usual. I found some cute make up tutorials online and learned how to pick and use make up, considering my age, features and my finances. While I can not exactly shop in Sephora, I had to research drugstore make up and skin care, but I tried some of the luxury too, just to get to know things. Here is what I learned:

1. Make up is not to impress anyone, not even to attract men (I honestly don't care for that aspect), it is just fun! It's like an art anyone can learn and play with it. It can make you look completely different, or glamorous, or cute or just slightly more refreshed. And it's fun and playful, and brings my creative side. And I kind of like to look different and play with colors.

2. It's not easy. It requires skills. I messed up more times than I succeeded. My eyelids are droopy and covering partially my eyes so it's hard to do any eye make up. My skin is very fair and any foundation makes it look like a mask, so even that part is quite hard. I made my lips look like clown make up too many times, by trying to get "juuuuust a little over lip border" or using wrong lip liner. Choosing color is a skill. Right foundation color is hard to pick, and I already have expensive foundation that totally doesn't work for me. I also bough some dark plum lipstick that looks freaking awful on me. Not to mention eyeshadows, I gave up on that. This requires skills and knowledge. And magnifying mirror.

3. Expensive does not mean better. As I mentioned, I have quite expensive high end foundation that I bought on sale, and it does not look good on me. It's high coverage, it's very fair color and it looks like a mask. It makes my face look flat like a frying pan. I also have nice cruelty free cheap drugstore serum foundation that works great for me. And it's almost 10 times less cost. And don't even try with lipsticks! Drugstore lipsticks can be quite great, there is no need to toss 20 or 30 or more Euros on some high end lipstick, you can work with classic drugstore brands, like Essence or Catrice or Wet n Wild, or Nyx. I have several, they all work fine. If you don't have money to spend like 50 Euros on foundation, 30 on mascara, or on lipstick, in DM you can find quite decent drugstore cruelty free brands make up that do fine job.

4. Cruelty free brands are goal. I am really trying to use cruelty free brands if I can help it. My favorites are Essence, Wet n Wild, Catrice and Nyx. It's very important to think of animals and after all centuries of creating make up and skin care there is really no need to test on animals. No need to be cruel just for us to play with colors! Pick cruelty free brands if you can and force other brands to do the same!

5. Less is more the older you are. Sadly, more make up after age 50 makes me look like a caricature or a clown. Too thick foundation sits like a mask making my face look flat and dimension-free. It looks bad, like plain flat square. Pick translucent foundation, BB cream or just tinted serum to contain dimension of your face. Sometimes, even nothing is better than anything. Too much blush can look ridiculous and color also matters. Pink blush on my half century old cheeks just looks... wrong! Like I have a rash. My tiny eyes need some make up to get them to open a bit, but too much eyeliner can look harsh, especially if it's black. And it's bloody hard to put it on when your skin hangs over your eyes like in my case. And I am half blind so sometimes I put eye make up blindly because I can't do it with eyeglasses, and when I put my glasses on, I look like a racoon! Too dark lipstick is hard to pull off when you are older. I tried dark plum once thinking it will look elegant, and I looked 20 years older instantly and like I have a lack of oxygen, plus it made my lips looking like a line. Not to mention lipliners, especially deep colors, can look terrible! If they are not best color or quality it will look smudged and it will make your lips look rough and like you just ate strawberry jam or something. Better just skip them if you are not skilled and go with sheer lipsticks or lip stains. And no matter how you like sparkles and glitter, it will quite possibly look terrible if you are older like me. But then again, if you can pull it off, just do it! Glitter is fun!

6. Lighting matters. Make up under a bright sunlight can look awful so put only a little. Same goes for neon lights and bright overhead lights, usually in stores. It can make you cry when you see yourself in the mirror (made me depressed multiple times). It shows every single mistake, too thick or crocked line, too much of anything, it emphases every line on face, every dip and harsh parts, so in that case you are better off without make up. Or just be prepared.


No make up


very light make up
more bold make up
feminine look
all at once (a bit too much but wth)




Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...