Пређи на главни садржај

How media (even social media) manipulates us by using fear

The best way news, especially online news, get our attention was always by using fear. Since Internet became a thing, it is even more prevalent. Even weather forecasts are made to set fear into people, just to click on it. Not to just check the weather, but to click on article and read it. Articles with titles like "This winter will be freezing cold! Are we heading towards another Ice age?", "August will be HELL! Prepare for fire hot temperatures, roads will melt!", "Prepare for electric storms that could blow away your home and kill you!", etc. Sadly, I am not even exaggerating, I literally saw such titles. If that's just the weather forecast, imagine other titles. about more serious topic, like politics or economy. Everything is a disaster, everyone will starve, the big war is coming and everyone will die, we will lose water soon, or food, or electricity, we will be killed in one way or another, new diseases, famine, climate changes (which are the real thing, but it's still scandalized to the max, instead of scientifically researched), wars, terrorism, you name it... There are dangers behind 90% of titles because fear is the best way to control people, to make them click on article, to get their attention, everyone wants to see what's the danger to maybe prepare.
Are those dangers real? Some are, climate changes are real, but they are misused to instead be researched and people informed of how damage can be reversed, instead of presenting healthy solution, they are made to be something inevitable, because rich people can do whatever they want, as they already made their bunkers and are building space-ships when everything goes to shit so they can escape. Because, apparently, those are people who should survive apocalypse? People who literally caused it the most? People who can't do anything useful, and who rely on their money and power to get things from other people who they deem not necessary? Oooooook. That's the world I wouldn't want to live even if they called me to join them on Mars or underground. Which they want but whatever. Yes, things are bad, but not THAT bad. If we were properly informed, and if we all pulled some weight, and if we stopped helping billionaires becoming rich or richer, things could get reversed and get better. Media does not help that, they just create more fear, more hopelessness and never mentions real causes of pollution. Because, we should not talk about it, someone could get sued.
War. War is always possible, not going to lie, but honestly, do you think there are no big wars right now, happening all around the world? Is the war less scary, less important, less damaging because it's happening to some people in Asia, Africa or Middle East and you don't give a shit about them? So until it hits us, there is no war? Yes, some are trying to point on current wars, crisis and casualties, but it's still that rhetoric around that only war that is "important" is one where first world countries are involved. The others are just "little wars" and we (meaning, us, regular people who already struggle) could help them by sending money, medications, clothes etc. God forbid that big heads who are leading those wars just STOP them. God forbid anything could be solved by negotiations, strategies, sharing, and anything else but sending more weapons and soldiers and basically people get into wars for most stupid shit! I know, I was in several. No one even knows know why we were in those fucking wars, It "just happened". Now, everyone is sad and wondering why and how that even happened. What were we thinking? Yes, war is possibility, but wars are all around us for centuries, wake up!
Diseases. Well, yes, there are scary diseases. I am hypochondriac, so I know how it feels. And I KNOW, I really do, that if you are quite scared of some disease, you have two scenarios: one, quite possible: it would never happen and you will live your life being scared for nothing! second, less possible: you will get it and die and instead of being alive and happy while you could've, you spent all your healthy part of life being scared. See the logic? But even I am stupid not to follow this. Reading terrifying stories about diseases, being scared myself. Maybe we should not know that much as we know now? Maybe it's a curse? Knowing too much but not knowing how to deal with that?

And now, cute photo of a cat just to make you feel better:



Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...