Пређи на главни садржај

Everyone is ugly. Or is it just Marketing to sell us something?

When we are young, some of us have good genes and have beautiful face and body. That's like minority who fits into beauty standard and beauty standard is forever and for everyone and it's very important. That means you have to be whatever media tells you that is currently beautiful. That can change in time but the point is always similar. Youthful face shaped like upside down triangle, big eyes, tiny perfect nose, plump lips, perfect skin, big hair, slim body but nicely curvy where it should be. For men it's to be tall, muscular, square jaw. "hunter eyes" (whatever that means), nice big white teeth etc. That's beautiful, that's important and that's the goal, right? Old is ugly, small eyes are ugly, bulky or bumpy nose is ugly, small mouth is ugly, square face is ugly, any body but slim is ugly. Right?

Wrong!

You know what, all that is crap! That's all what we have been taught to believe and think and it's implanted into our brains over tv, media, social networks, and even before all that, just society. It's something you learn, in time. We are literally taught what is beautiful and what is ugly, people even used to believe that other cultures, races or any different people are just ugly. It's very very difficult to overcome that no matter how we tried. It's implanted deep into our psyche and it's almost impossible to ignore it. But it's still just marketing. No more no less.

What is beauty? It's a way to sell us stuff. Plastic surgeons now found their free marketing on social media like Youtube to teach us what is ugly and old and to tell us how their procedures, that cost like a car or whole house will save us from horrible destiny of being old or ugly. Because, God forbid you have square jaw and you are a woman! Or, Oh no, to have some unsightly bump on nose! Or, the worst ever, to AGE! Because why would you get ugly on purpose when you can pay not to be? According to those plastic surgeons, we get ugly as we age, our eyelids drop, our mouth drops, our cheeks can drop a little. But who says that's "ugly"? Plastic surgeons. Those same. And "society". And who is "society"? People who are taught their whole life to think like that and people who sell beauty procedures and products. Of course, according to same plastic surgeons, NOTHING else can help you but surgery. nothing. You just have to pay them to fell "like yourself".

On the other side are beauty experts, often also doctors but mostly for less invasive treatments. They claim that you have to buy their own beauty line, invest in less invasive treatments and be beautiful or at least, not ugly and old. And again, money is heavily involved. You see young people online, chosen strictly because they fit that standard, who are selling you stuff promising that you can look like them if you buy that. Because that matters. To who? 50, 100, 200, 500, or even more dollars for promise in the bottle. Exercises to get a body of someone else you just can't have because you are different person, but if you pay them, maybe, who knows, miracle happens.

You know what? Screw them! If someone loves you because you are beautiful, is that even love? If people are your friends because you look perfect, is that really friendship? If you are happy as long as you look great is that really happiness?

Look, I am not smarter than anyone else. I was thinking about Sculptra or even facelift, but honestly, when you think of it, life is so so short. Who cares if shallow people don't find me pretty or if I am getting old? I am sometimes bothered that I can't recognize my own face as aging is getting me more and more each year, but I too have to learn that all that belief that I am ugly is implanted in me, just like in everyone else. It's not real. It's hard to accept it, for me and most people but it's not real.

I do not look like I did 20 or even 5 years ago but I am over half century old. I fucking earned it.




Коментари

Популарни постови са овог блога

Dreams and Death

Recently I watched "Obsession" in Cinema and it made me think. Being passenger in your own body and not being able to control it while feeling everything and still being inside of that mind is specific kind of horror. But, this is something I've lived through almost every day of my life. In dreams. Dreams are huge mystery and people still have no idea what they are exactly, why do we need them at all. Sleep, ok, fine, body is regenerating, brain is regenerating, but why dreams exist? And why are they so weird? Even animals dream though we will never know what. In huge majority of my dreams I am someone else, not me, probably not even on this planet or this dimension, or this timeline. Only in rare occasions I can do anything to control body I am occupying in those dreams, more often than not, I am just that: a Passenger. A parasite, a little soul in mind of different body that has their own mind, life, habits, world. I am just inside of that mind, observing, feeling every...

Some fun youtube channels to check

In no particular order:  GregBroDudeMan - Man watches videos and reacts. Plain and simple. Very genuine, very non-controversial, sweet and authentic. People love this Greg Bro dude man, because he appears to be genuinely non-problematic person which is rare on internet. Very cute, wholesome channel with reactions. Zaffy - Zaffy is masked man who fights crimes and bad movies and series. He is a pitch-black comedy character who sometimes get into really dark topics and does it quite well. He also makes a lot of weird but strangely authentic and smart theories about popular movies and tv series. Morgin DuPon t - absolute sweetie. I like her, smart, funny, down to Earth, but she sometimes seems very sad. On the bad side, she posts rarely and often deletes her videos. But I am keeping an eye on her. Luxeria - absolute riot! If you like brilliant and funny commentary videos, mostly on reality tv shows, this is a channel for you. Luxeria is funny and smart and very down to Earth. Her comm...

Is absolute solitude a sign of depression?

Recently, I noticed that even though I sometimes complain of being lonely, I actually actively decline almost every human contact that is offered to me. And I mean 99% of it, if not a whole 100%. I don't really know why, and what is happening to me but I am just so freaking tired, I can't find the strength to deal with people, any people. It's not just physical tiredness, although there is that too, there is enormous mental, emotional, psychological tiredness that I can't seem to overcome. I don't have the will to do anything. Sometimes, I even prepare myself, like, I will go out and socialize, and then just give up. I think I am broken. I do socialize though with animals, mostly cats. Because, it's so easy. They are cute and cuddly, they enjoy pets, they like to eat and they are happy when they get food and cuddles. It's so easy. There is a catch with that connection too. Since those are strays, they do sometimes, disappear or die, get sick, get hurt, and i...